Thursday, September 18, 2014

Learning colors with children's literature:Brown Bear, Brown Bear in German

Brown Bear, Brown Bear in German
Children's literature is an egaging way to learn a language, and Eric Carle's Brown Bear, Brown Bear is an obvious choice for learning colors and animals. We read it in class and by the time we had finished our exercises for the day, the children were able to call out the colors and animal words at the end.

Unfortunately, while it is readily available online in both English and Spanish, I couldn't find a German version. Last night, I finally had some time to go ahead and read it myself. I added in the animal sounds. Did you know that animals don't sound the same in every language? Most are similar, but I think the frog's German accent is the most fun!



Here is the link to the videos I posted yesterday on learning colors and saying thank you. And here is last week's link on learning the alphabet and introducing yourself. .

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment