Monday, March 10, 2014

Welcome to the new semester!

As most of you know, I had a baby over the winter break. Well, actually, during the last class period of last semester! I delivered a happy, healthy, 7 pound 14 ounce baby boy. And wow does he keep me occupied (or sleeping!) during the evening hours when I'm used to getting things done!



Anyway, that's why I'm a little behind. Fortunately, Asa loves his new swing so I am going to try to get caught back up and keep up with this blog through the rest of the semester.

The first day back to class happened to fall on my birthday, so we celebrated my birthday in class with all the typical birthday vocabulary. Students tried their best to say Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag (how Germans say Happy Birthday). It is a mouthful for anyone, but they did well. They had a much easier time with the Happy Birthday song. Except for the "dear," Germans sing it in English.

This week actually includes two episodes of TroTro because I couldn't find the one I wanted as a single episode. In the first one, TroTro tries to get Nana's attention and his father says that dancing is the way to go. 

In the second episode, TroTro gets invited to Nana's birthday party. Students should hear a lot of the vocabulary we went over in class.

Happy viewing!


~Frau Hanley

No comments:

Post a Comment